Tuesday, March 8, 2011

On Monday half of us spontaneously decided to go into Cape Town for the evening. We went to a bar and the dance club right next store to the bar. The evening was a lot of fun but we got back to the house around 2 so I've been exhausted all day.


Today, is the hardest day of the week in terms of number of classes. We run straight through the day and it was pretty tiresome.The highlight of the day was at 2:30 where instead of after school sports, the volunteers played a basketball game with the regional basketball team for the township. Because of my injury, I was the designated referee. I was pretty frustrated that I couldn't play in the game until I saw the other team. Each of them had about 3 inches and 50 pounds on us. The game was over quickly when the regional team took a commanding lead in the first quarter. The final score was 54-26. While I'm glad I didn't play (because I would have gotten embarrassed like the rest of them). I have a new appreciate for referees...It is a really hard job and no one is on your side.

The past 2 nights the food has gotten marginally better and tonight we all decided to make pancakes for dessert. The People from the UK made them so they were more like crepes but they were still pretty good.

I've made plans to chill with my friend from AU, who is studying abroad at UCT, on Thursday.
Will has planned a trip to a secluded beach for the weekend. He's bring his boat so there will be water skying and such. There will be on Internet for a while so there might  not be a post til next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment