Saturday, April 2, 2011

Cape Town During the Day

After writing the last blog entry yesterday, I decided to take a nap at around 7 o'clock before we went into Kalk Bay. After my nap, I was shocked to know that it was midnight and more shocked to know that the guys hadn't left yet. Exhausted, I started to get ready. We were out the door at around 1 o'clock. The other volunteers had the intention of staying up all night to see the sunrise.But by about 2:45, I couldn't keep my eyes open. Me and another volunteer decided to go back at around 3.

I woke at around 10 the next morning to find all the people who stayed up all night sleeping. I went into Fish Hoek to pray that my package was at the post office and thankfully it was. You can uncross your fingers, I have drugs to fight the malaria!

By about 1 o'clock, everyone had risen. The guys had gotten back at 7:30 am so they were running on fumes, but they decided they wanted to go into Cape Town to get some stuff for their family and friends. The train ride into Cape Town is about 50 minutes and by about 3:00 we made it to Green Market Square where there were dozens of vendors ready to haggle. I'm a terrible shopper so I came away with very little but I plan on going back next week after the safari. After the market we went to the Water Front. It was really cool, there were tons of really good restaurants, shops and street performers and I knew that if I come back to Cape Town (which I will). I'll definitely spend more time around there.

After a looonnngg day yesterday I was expecting a relaxing and maybe even boring day today. I was pleasantly surprised. Two of the volunteers left today and two more leave tomorrow and its definitely a little down in the house right now.  Tomorrow, I got to get ready for my trip on Monday: get a taxi, pack, etc. but I should get an afternoon to chillax. 

No comments:

Post a Comment