Wednesday, April 20, 2011

EASTER!

The primary reason I booked my ticket on May 13th was because Will gave me the opportunity to stay in the house for a few days without volunteering. There is a lot I want to do and I was running out of weekends..After booking my ticket two days ago, it has come to my attention that the school gets this Friday off for Good Friday. In addition, they get the the entire week off after Easter Sunday. I, along with the other volunteers, am shocked that they would get this amount of time off for the holiday especially because they just got a week-long break two weeks ago.

I'll now definitely have enough time to do everything. It is a little odd that though that I'm staying at the house for almost three more weeks and I only have six more days at the school. I suppose I could volunteer the week I set out to have on my own but I'll have to see how everything plays out.

Yesterday, we all went into Kalk Bay to see an Improv. group called "Theatre Sports." It was the perfect midweek escape that wasn't too expensive or late. Last night aside, the social aspects of the experience have slowed down dramatically. I don't think it is that bad, I'm ok with doing things on my own. However, some of the people here are really social and are missing it pretty badly.

I've now been to 5 supermarkets and they all either don't carry matzah or they are sold out. While it is annoying to not find any, It is good to know that the Jewish Museum isn't there for nothing. Apparantly, Muizenberg, the town three towns over was once known as "Jewsenberg" before Apartheid ended.

Lastly, I have confirmed that I am doing shark cage diving (again( with my friend from UCT on Monday, April 25th. This time I'm going to see a freaking shark!

No comments:

Post a Comment