Monday, April 18, 2011

A Surpisingly Eventful Monday

Today at school I asked the other grade 5 teachers if they had any kids that needed help with English reading. I was expecting my group to grow from 7 to maybe 10 or 12. Oh how wrong I was. I had to cut the teachers off at giving me five kids each. My group, or class now, was 17 kids. The library was being used and the closet was too small this time so we were outside in the middle of the courtyard.The individual attention that was helping the original seven kids was out the window. I lost my voice and I'm not sure if any of the kids actually learned anything. I'll have to rethink my approach. Maybe I can take kids in waves, I don't know but what happened today didn't work.

After school, I talked with Will and called the travel people. I successfully changed my departure date from April 24th to May 13th. Further, I negotiated with Will that the last half week I would not be going into school. It gives me time to either do the things still pending on my list or just have a chance to explore Cape Town not a weekend.

Also, I have had preliminary discussions with my friend at UCT about doing Shark Cage Diving (again) by the end of the month!

Out of nowhere, It is the first night of passover! I went to all three markets in Fish Hoek and found one box of matzah. I was surprised that I found any but the store that carried it won't get another box until Saturday.I was planning on Keeping passover two out of three meals a day but with no matzah I don't know if I'll be able to do even that. I'll try starting tomorrow but we'll see how it goes. It is not that big of a deal, I think it is more important to enjoy my time here to the fullest but if I can, I should do both. 

TWO PUBLISHED POSTS IN ONE DAY

No comments:

Post a Comment